Saturday, February 7, 2015

Painting Like the Masters Today (Added As A Page Link)

I added a new page today on a topic I've been working on leisurely over the past two weeks. It may sound like a stretch and non-objective, but it is based on a study I did of Jill's work as compared to artists both past and contemporary.

Therefore, I invite all to read my page topic called "Painting Like the Masters Today: A Study of Jill Poyerd's Use of Lights, Darks, and Reflections."

I do reference her art as impressionistic and realistic comparing her to Monet and Rockwell with the thesis that it is the combination of her technical skill and the qualitative use of lights, darks, and reflections to tell a compelling story.

When I look at the other artists in this breadth that include greats like Wyeth, Rembrandt, Vermeer and Homer, I am confident that the analysis stands on its on.

Be mindful that I am not equating her status to theirs. I am comparing many of her finished products though.

Please comment constructively, please. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment