Saturday, July 4, 2015

Relaxing afternoon at the...ummm....gun range

We took the afternoon off a few weeks ago to hit the gun range. It's something we got interested in while I was in the Military.

Tactical-life.comAs you can see below, Jill is a crack shot. I believe she ranged between 20-40 feet, but she used a bigger 9mm handgun; specifically, the FNS-9 Long Slide (image right). It did not take too long for her to get comfortable with it. Since it is a double-action gun and shooting 10 rounds at a time, she was expending her ammo fast. I looked over and she was 2/3rds done. To my defense, I was refining my shot group to a longer distance of 70-75 feet.

**Ladies, FYI, larger handguns absorb recoil (the kickback from the gun when shooting) better than smaller handguns; so, you'll have more control over continuous shooting....as long as it's not too heavy.

What is great about this sport is the discipline to be patient, breathe right, and then eventually move between targets with greater accuracy. It also enhances focus by removing the fear of the firepower.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment